Thanks to the Friends of the Canaan Town Library, as part of the library’s mission, we offer museum passes to “. . . promote and stimulate knowledge, self-education and pure enjoyment for all”.
To borrow a museum pass, you must:
- Have a library card at the Canaan Town Library.
- Have current contact information (address and phone number) on file at the library.
- Be a patron in good standing (no overdue materials and/or outstanding fines).
- Agree to be responsible for returning the pass on time, or pay a fee of $5.00 per day overdue.
- Agree that if you lose the pass, you will be responsible for supplying the cost of the replacement of the pass (the cost of a full year’s membership).
- Visit the library or call and speak with a librarian during library hours to reserve a museum pass.
- Passes are available for a 3 day checkout.
- You may check out one pass per household at a time.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to check out a museum pass.
- If a museum pass is returned late, it is the librarians’ discretion if you will be able to check out museum passes in the future.
- Overdue fees accrued from late return of museum passes will not be subject to waiving during Amnesty events.
As of July 1, 2013 we are offering passes to:
Billings Farm, Woodstock, Vermont
Admission for 2 adults and their children under the age of 18.
Replacement Fee: $100.00
Shelburne Museum, Shelburne, Vermont
Admission for 2 adults and accompanying children under the age of 18.
Replacement Fee: $75.00
Vermont Institute of Natural Science (VINS), Quechee, Vermont
Admission for 4 people
Replacement Fee: $150.00