Join Miss Jan for stories, songs, and fun! We’ll be meeting at the library, 9:30 am on the following Saturdays: September 16, October 7, November 4, and December 2. All are welcome!
Library Book Sale. Saturday, September 30, 9 am – 1 pm, weather permitting.
Join us for our discussion of Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus. Wednesday, September 27, 6:30 pm at the Canaan Methodist Church Vestry.
Join local artist and art instructor, Michael Kraatz for a 6-week drawing class. Meeting Tuesdays, September 12, 19, 26, October 3, 10, 17, 9:30 am – 11:30 am. This session of classes is perfect for teens and adults of all drawing levels. We will be meeting at the Canaan Methodist Church Vestry. Fun, hard work, and good discussions. There will be homework.
Attendance at all sessions is highly encouraged. Classes are free, materials provided. Class size is limited to 8 and registration is required. Contact the library at 603-523-9650 or email@example.com
Thanks to the Friends of the Canaan Town Library, we now have a pass to the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center. The trails open May 1. Contact the library to reserve the pass.
Thanks to the Friends of the Canaan Town Library, patrons now have access to the digital version of the New York Times.
Hover over the Online Resources menu at the top of the page, click on New York Times and follow the directions to get a daily link to the complete digital New York Times. There’s no need to pay, you just need to create a New York Times account. You will have full access for the next 24 hours!
Tuesday, September 20: We are in Phase 4 of our Phases of Operations. Masks are optional inside the library. Our weekly hours are 1-8 pm Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesday, 1-5 pm Thursday, 9-12 pm Fridays, and 9-1 pm Saturdays. All hours are now walk-ins with no appointment necessary. We are offering Library Take Out, our contact-less pick up service every day that we are open.
Visitors during Walk-In Hours will follow the following rules:
- Library Take Out will be offered every day the library is open.
- Access for browsing, checking out materials, copy and fax services, and computer use.
- 30 minute suggested visits.
- Masks are optional (disposable masks provided) to enter the building.
- Patrons are encouraged to sanitize hands upon entering the building.
- Practice Social distancing of 6 ft.
- Disposable masks and hand sanitizer will be made available at no cost.
- Meeting Room is not available for public use.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the library.
- IF YOU FEEL SICK please use library services safely from home.
- Safety Measures in place for Phase 4:
- Social Distancing of 6 ft between patrons and staff will be required.
- The circulation desk will have a plexiglass sneeze guard.
- The public computer terminals will be separated by a plexiglass guard wall.
- Surfaces will be sanitized and cleaned according to CDC guidelines.
Library Take Out is a great option! We are now offering Library Take Out every day that the library is open. Patrons are welcome to call: 523-9650, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or use our online catalog to place materials on hold.
Please join us for our discussion of Anne Rivers Siddions’ The Girls of August. We will be meeting at 6:00 pm for an outdoor potluck discussion. Please contact the library for location and directions.