The Library will be closed Monday, May 29 in observance of Memorial Day.
Friends of the Library Raffle
The Friends of the Library are having a raffle! Tickets for 4 Container Gardens may be purchased at the Library Book Sale, the first Farmer’s Market event, and during the Town Fire Commemoration in June. Drawing will be June 3. Tickets are $5.00 for 1 and $25 for 6. All proceeds benefit the Friends of the Library.
Thanks from our Friends
New Museum Pass!
Thanks to the Friends of the Canaan Town Library, we now have a pass to the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center. The trails open May 1. Contact the library to reserve the pass.
Basement Bookies Read
Join us for our discussion of Stuart Turton’s The 7 1/2 deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle on Wednesday, April 26 at 6:30 pm. We will be meeting at the Canaan Methodist Church Vestry.
Complimentary Access to the NYTimes.com
Thanks to the Friends of the Canaan Town Library, patrons now have access to the digital version of the New York Times.
Hover over the Online Resources menu at the top of the page, click on New York Times and follow the directions to get a daily link to the complete digital New York Times. There’s no need to pay, you just need to create a New York Times account. You will have full access for the next 24 hours!
Update: Tech Night Dates Change
Tech Night Wednesday UPDATE! Have questions about your new Kindle, iPad, laptop, or personal tech device?
Library volunteer, Roy will be at the Library March 8 & 22 and April 5 & 19 from 6:00-7:30 pm to answer all your tech questions, just stop on by.
You may also contact the library to schedule an appointment with Roy.
Visit the Library
Tuesday, September 20: We are in Phase 4 of our Phases of Operations. Masks are optional inside the library. Our weekly hours are 1-8 pm Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesday, 1-5 pm Thursday, 9-12 pm Fridays, and 9-1 pm Saturdays. All hours are now walk-ins with no appointment necessary. We are offering Library Take Out, our contact-less pick up service every day that we are open.
Visitors during Walk-In Hours will follow the following rules:
- Library Take Out will be offered every day the library is open.
- Access for browsing, checking out materials, copy and fax services, and computer use.
- 30 minute suggested visits.
- Masks are optional (disposable masks provided) to enter the building.
- Patrons are encouraged to sanitize hands upon entering the building.
- Practice Social distancing of 6 ft.
- Disposable masks and hand sanitizer will be made available at no cost.
- Meeting Room is not available for public use.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the library.
- IF YOU FEEL SICK please use library services safely from home.
- Safety Measures in place for Phase 4:
- Social Distancing of 6 ft between patrons and staff will be required.
- The circulation desk will have a plexiglass sneeze guard.
- The public computer terminals will be separated by a plexiglass guard wall.
- Surfaces will be sanitized and cleaned according to CDC guidelines.
To see all of the Phases of Operation
Library Take Out is a great option! We are now offering Library Take Out every day that the library is open. Patrons are welcome to call: 523-9650, email: email@example.com, or use our online catalog to place materials on hold.
Change of Location Trustees Meeting
The Library Trustees will meet May 15 at 5:45pm at the Canaan Meetinghouse.
Library Book Sale Saturday, May 13, 9am to 1pm. Nonfiction, fiction, kids, audio and video.
Weather permitting. 1173 US RT 4, Canaan, NH 03741.