The Library will be closed Monday, May 30 in observance of Memorial Day.
New Hampshire has a new threat to our soil health and successful gardening: the jumping worm. Jumping worms are also know as crazy worms or snake worms. These worms are very invasive and they cause great harm to the soil, unlike the earthworms we are all familiar with. They feed voraciously on organic matter and excrete material that appears grainy, like coffee grounds. This changes the chemistry of the soil and decreases the nutrients for native species.
We are still learning about how to mitigate their spread. Until we can do that safely, out of respect for you and your gardens we are cancelling our plant sale for this year. Stay tuned for the 2023 plant sale.
To learn more about their identification and how to handle them, please click the link for the pamphlet released by the NH State Extension.
Starting Tuesday, March 22, we are in Phase 4 of our Phases of Operations. Masks are optional inside the library. Our weekly hours are 1-8 pm Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesday, 1-5 pm Thursday, 9-12 pm Fridays, and 9-1 pm Saturdays. All hours are now walk-ins with no appointment necessary. We are offering Library Take Out, our contact-less pick up service every day that we are open.
Visitors during Walk-In Hours will follow the following rules:
- Library Take Out will be offered every day the library is open.
- Access for browsing, checking out materials, copy and fax services, and computer use.
- Walk-In Hours will be limited to 15 bodies in the library at a time with suggested 30 minute visits. Monday 1-8 pm, Tuesday 1-8 pm, Wednesday 1-8 pm, Thursday 1-5 pm, Friday 9-12 pm, Saturday 9-1 pm.
- During Walk-Ins if the building is at capacity when you arrive, you will be asked to wait outside the library for availability. Library staff will let you know when space is available and you may enter.
- Masks are optional (disposable masks provided) to enter the building.
- Patrons are encouraged to sanitize hands upon entering the building.
- Practice Social distancing of 6 ft.
- Disposable masks and hand sanitizer will be made available at no cost.
- Meeting Room is not available for public use.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the library.
- IF YOU FEEL SICK please use library services safely from home.
- Safety Measures in place for Phase 4:
- Social Distancing of 6 ft between patrons and staff will be required.
- The circulation desk will have a plexiglass sneeze guard.
- The public computer terminals will be separated by a plexiglass guard wall.
- Surfaces will be sanitized and cleaned according to CDC guidelines.
Library Take Out is a great option! We are now offering Library Take Out every day that the library is open. Patrons are welcome to call: 523-9650, email: email@example.com, or use our online catalog to place materials on hold.
Join us for the discussion of Colleen Oakley’s The Invisible Husband of Frick Island on Wednesday, May 25, 6:30 pm. We will be meeting in person at the Canaan Methodist Church Vestry.
This is it, your last chance to play along in our virtual Pub Trivia event. Get your answers in by 1 pm on Saturday, April 30 — when we will crown a winning team! Thanks to everyone who’s played along with us.
Follow the link to submit your team’s answers : https://forms.gle/KtB2vQprMcnJXbvs8
No Googling, please!
Pub Trivia is back! During the month of April, you and your team are welcome to sign up for our virtual trivia event. Share an email address to receive 5 questions weekly. At the end of the month, we will crown a winning team!
Follow the link to submit your team’s answers: https://forms.gle/SEUd2psYk8joG4sD9
By following the link, you will be giving us your email address so that we can send you your next set of questions next week. Expect the questions to drop on Thursdays. We ask that you submit your answers during the week, but you can wait until the end of the month, as long as your answers are submitted by 1 pm on Saturday, April 30.
No Googling, please!