Please join us virtually for this program on Gustav Klimt December 7, 6:30 pm. Follow the link below to register. https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZArce-srz0tG911tZlSOX3dYoPcbSIwvfQH
Join us for our annual pot luck book choosing event on Wednesday, December 13 at 6:30 pm. We will be meeting at the home of a book group member, please contact the library for directions.
Join Miss Jan for stories, songs, and fun! We’ll be meeting at the library, 9:30 am on the following Saturdays: September 16, October 7, November 4, and December 2. All are welcome!
Thanks to the Friends of the Canaan Town Library, patrons now have access to the digital version of the New York Times.
Hover over the Online Resources menu at the top of the page, click on New York Times and follow the directions to get a daily link to the complete digital New York Times. There’s no need to pay, you just need to create a New York Times account. You will have full access for the next 24 hours!
Tuesday, September 20: We are in Phase 4 of our Phases of Operations. Masks are optional inside the library. Our weekly hours are 1-8 pm Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesday, 1-5 pm Thursday, 9-12 pm Fridays, and 9-1 pm Saturdays. All hours are now walk-ins with no appointment necessary. We are offering Library Take Out, our contact-less pick up service every day that we are open.
Visitors during Walk-In Hours will follow the following rules:
- Library Take Out will be offered every day the library is open.
- Access for browsing, checking out materials, copy and fax services, and computer use.
- 30 minute suggested visits.
- Masks are optional (disposable masks provided) to enter the building.
- Patrons are encouraged to sanitize hands upon entering the building.
- Practice Social distancing of 6 ft.
- Disposable masks and hand sanitizer will be made available at no cost.
- Meeting Room is not available for public use.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the library.
- IF YOU FEEL SICK please use library services safely from home.
- Safety Measures in place for Phase 4:
- Social Distancing of 6 ft between patrons and staff will be required.
- The circulation desk will have a plexiglass sneeze guard.
- The public computer terminals will be separated by a plexiglass guard wall.
- Surfaces will be sanitized and cleaned according to CDC guidelines.
Library Take Out is a great option! We are now offering Library Take Out every day that the library is open. Patrons are welcome to call: 523-9650, email: email@example.com, or use our online catalog to place materials on hold.
Join the Basement Bookies for a discussion of John Grisham’s Skipping Christmas. We will meet Wednesday, November, 15, 6:30 pm at the Canaan Methodist Church Vestry.
Join us on Wednesday, October 25, 6:30 pm at the Canaan Methodist Church Vestry for a discussion of Geraldine Brooks’ Horse.
The library will be closed Monday, October 9 in observance of Indigenous Peoples’/Columbus Day.