A limited number of 30 minute in-person appointments, one day of Walk-In, no appointments needed and Library Take Out will be available each week.
Please call 523-9650 or email email@example.com to learn more and schedule your appointment.
Reopening the Canaan Town Library
Phase 2: Limited building access, hours, and services (to begin May 24)
- Library Take Out will continue. We ask that you take advantage of these services as much as possible.
- Limited access for browsing, checking out materials, copy and fax services, and computer use.
- Access by appointment will be limited to 1 household at a time (limit of 8 bodies) with 30 minute appointments.
- Walk-In Mondays will be limited to 8 bodies in the library at a time with suggested 30 minute visits.
- During Walk-In Mondays if the building is at capacity when you arrive, you will be asked to wait outside the library for availability. Library staff will let you know when space is available and you may enter.
- Masks will be required to enter the building (ages 3 and up) and social distancing rules must be observed.
- Patrons will be required to sanitize hands upon entering the building.
- Disposable masks, and hand sanitizer will be made available at no cost.
- Please continue to return library materials in the book drop box outside. We will not be accepting them at the front desk.
- Meeting Room is not available for public use.
- We are accepting book sale donations that fit in the library book drop. Please donate a few items at a time.
- Things we will continue to ask you to do via email, phone or online: Ask questions, ask for book recommendations, apply for a library card, ask for assistance with Libby or your card.
- IF YOU FEEL SICK please use library services safely from home!
- Safety Measures in place for Phase 2:
- Library Materials will continue to be quarantined for 4 days before being checked in and recirculated.
- Staff will wear masks
- Patrons (ages 3 and up) will be required to wear masks (disposable masks available) and sanitize hands (with provided sanitizer) upon entering building
- Social Distancing of 6 ft between patrons and staff will be required
- The circulation desk will have a plexiglass sneeze guard
- Doors will be closed and a staff member will let people in at their appointed time
- Surfaces will be sanitized and cleaned according to CDC guidelines
Documents used to create this plan
A Phased Reopening Plan for Libraries as COVID 19 Restrictions Are Lifted:
Letter to Converse Free Library, Lyme NH patrons:
Considerations for Wearing Cloth Face Coverings:
Coronavirus Face Masks:Types & When To Use: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/coronavirus-face-masks-what-you-need-to-know
The Governor’s Safer at Home plan for libraries: https://www.covidguidance.nh.gov/
REALM Project (Reopening Archives, Libraries and Museums)
Oscar Foss Memorial Library Reopening Plan:
Jaffrey Public Library, Jaffrey New Hampshire:
World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019