A limited number of 30 minute in- person appointments will be available each week.
Please call 523-9650 or email email@example.com to learn more and schedule your appointment.
Reopening the Canaan Town Library
Phase 2: Limited building access, hours, and services (to begin August 18)
- Library Take Out will continue. We ask that you take advantage of these services as much as possible.
- Limited access for browsing, checking out materials, copy and fax services, and computer use.
- Access will be by appointment only. We will be limited to 1 household at a time (limit of 8 bodies) with 30 minute appointments.
- Masks will be required to enter the building (ages 3 and up) and social distancing rules must be observed.
- Patrons will be required to sanitize hands upon entering the building.
- Disposable masks, and hand sanitizer will be made available at no cost.
- Please continue to return library materials in the book drop box outside. We will not be accepting them at the front desk.
- Library material returns will be quarantined for 4 days before they are checked in and able to be recirculated.
- Meeting Room is not available for public use.
- The Book Sale Shelf will continue to be filled, but we ask that you keep your donations. We are not accepting them at this time.
- Things we will continue to ask you to do via email, phone or online: Ask questions, ask for book recommendations, apply for a library card, ask for assistance with Libby or your card.
- Safety Measures in place for Phase 2:
- Library Materials will continue to be quarantined
- Staff will wear masks
- Patrons (ages 3 and up) will be required to wear masks (disposable masks available) and sanitize hands (with provided sanitizer) upon entering building
- Social Distancing of 6 ft between patrons and staff will be required
- The circulation desk will have a plexiglass sneeze guard
- Doors will be closed and a staff member will let people in at their appointed time
- Surfaces will be sanitized between appointments and cleaned in the evenings according to CDC guidelines
- IF YOU FEEL SICK please use library services safely from home!
Documents used to create this plan
A Phased Reopening Plan for Libraries as COVID 19 Restrictions Are Lifted:
Letter to Converse Free Library, Lyme NH patrons:
Considerations for Wearing Cloth Face Coverings:
Coronavirus Face Masks:Types & When To Use: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/coronavirus-face-masks-what-you-need-to-know
The Governor’s Safer at Home plan for libraries: https://www.covidguidance.nh.gov/
REALM Project (Reopening Archives, Libraries and Museums)
Oscar Foss Memorial Library Reopening Plan:
World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019