How You Can Help
The library will accept donations of books, movies, music and other like materials. All materials donated to the library will be used in one of the following ways:
- Added to the library collection
- Sold in the library book sale
- Given to another library or organization
- Disposed of properly
- Books that are moldy, broken, or in poor condition
- Readers Digest Condensed books
- Encyclopedias older than five years
- National Geographic Magazines
We will accept large donations (2 or more boxes) during the month prior to a book sale. Other smaller donations may be accepted throughout the year.
All materials donated to the library become property of the library to use in any appropriate manner, and may or may not become part of the library’s collection. It is the prerogative of the Library staff to dispose of donations not needed as they see fit.
Friends of the Library
Join our Friends Organization. We are actively looking for energetic individuals to join. Contact the library for more information. The Friends of the Canaan Town Library meet the second Monday of the month at 6:30 pm.