Walk-In hours (no appointments needed) and Library Take Out will be available each week.
Please call 523-9650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Reopening the Canaan Town Library
Phase 4: Limited building access, full hours, and services (to begin August 9)
- Library Take Out will be offered every day the library is open.
- Access for browsing, checking out materials, copy and fax services, and computer use.
- Walk-In Hours will be limited to 15 bodies in the library at a time with suggested 30 minute visits.
- Monday 1-8 pm, Tuesday 1-8 pm, Wednesday 1-8 pm, Thursday 1-5 pm, Friday 9-12 pm, Saturday 9-1 pm.
- During Walk-Ins if the building is at capacity when you arrive, you will be asked to wait outside the library for availability. Library staff will let you know when space is available and you may enter.
- Patrons (ages 3 and up) are required to wear masks (disposable masks provided) to enter the building.
- Patrons are encouraged to sanitize hands upon entering the building.
- Social distancing of 6 ft must be observed.
- Disposable masks and hand sanitizer will be made available at no cost.
- Meeting Room is not available for public use.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the library.
- IF YOU FEEL SICK please use library services safely from home.
- Safety Measures in place for Phase 4:
- Staff are required to wear masks during all open library hours.
- Social Distancing of 6 ft between patrons and staff will be required.
- The circulation desk will have a plexiglass sneeze guard.
- The public computer terminals will be separated by a plexiglass guard wall.
- Surfaces will be sanitized and cleaned according to CDC guidelines.
As stated in the Canaan Town Library COVID-19 Health and Safety Policy, patrons who cannot or chose not to wear a mask inside the library will be able to order materials online or by phone, have access to Library Take Out (contact-less pick up), and have access to the library’s virtual services.
Documents used to create this plan
A Phased Reopening Plan for Libraries as COVID 19 Restrictions Are Lifted:
Letter to Converse Free Library, Lyme NH patrons:
Considerations for Wearing Cloth Face Coverings:
Coronavirus Face Masks:T ypes & When To Use: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/coronavirus-face-masks-what-you-need-to-know
The Governor’s Safer at Home plan for libraries: https://www.covidguidance.nh.gov/
REALM Project (Reopening Archives, Libraries and Museums)
Oscar Foss Memorial Library Reopening Plan:
Jaffrey Public Library, Jaffrey New Hampshire:
World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019